Keenleyside, K.A., N. Dudley, S. Cairns, C.M. Hall and S. Stolton
IUCN, SER and partners published Ecological Restoration for Protected Areas: Principles, Guidelines and Best Practices, which provides guidance for terrestrial, marine, and freshwater protected area managers at both system and site levels on the restoration of natural and associated values of protected areas.
Relevance for the Short Term Action Plan on Ecosystem
This comprehensive guidance can assist with identifying appropriate restoration measures (C1), developing restoration plans (C3), developing tasks, schedules and budgets (C4), and project implementation (C5). It is also relevant regarding activities in Group D, monitoring.
- C1: Identify appropriate measures for conducting ecosystem restoration
- C3: Develop ecosystem restoration plans with clear/measurable objectives and goals
- C4: Develop explicit implementation tasks, schedules, and budgets
- C5: Implement the measures
- D1: Assess the efficacy and effects of implementing the ecosystem restoration plan
- D2: Adjust plans, expectations, procedures, and monitoring through adaptive management