Forest and Landscape Restoration Mechanism
This knowledge base provides access to a comprehensive database of resources related to forest and landscape restoration in a wide range of aspects. More specifically, it provides access to an online user-friendly platform where users can find guidance from planning and implementation to the ongoing management and monitoring of a restoration project.
Relevance for the Short Term Action Plan on Ecosystem Restoration:
This resource includes information on many aspects of FLR including assessment of degradation / restoration opportunities (activities A1 and A2), governance (activities B1 and B6), and implementation (activity C5), and monitoring (Group D). Documents such as Global guidelines for the restoration of degraded forests and landscapes in drylands, outline monitoring and evaluation programs including assessment (D1), adaptive management (D2), and sharing lessons learned (D3).
- A1: Assess degraded ecosystems
- A2: Identify/prioritize locations for meeting national contributions to Aichi Targets
- B1: Review, improve or establish legal, policy and financial frameworks for restoration
- B6: Review, improve or establish targets, policies and strategies for ecosystem restoration
- C5: Implement the measures
- D1: Assess the efficacy and effects of implementing the ecosystem restoration plan
- D2: Adjust plans, expectations, procedures, and monitoring through adaptive management
- D3: Share lessons learned from planning, financing, implementing and monitoring ecosystem restoration plans