U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration
The roadsides of the United States play an important role in the conservation of declining wild pollinators and in supporting the health of managed pollinators. The An Integrated Approach to Establishing Native Plants and Pollinator Habitat program provides current best practices for planning, designing, and implementing a revegetation project that will also create habitat for pollinators. The web resource offers a comprehensive Roadside Revegetation Report detailing the complete roadside revegetation process, from project initiation, through monitoring and management. It is also home to the Ecoregional Revegetation Application online tool and a Roadside Revegetation online library.
- C1: Identify appropriate measures for conducting ecosystem restoration
- C4: Develop explicit implementation tasks, schedules, and budgets
- C5: Implement the measures
- D1: Assess the efficacy and effects of implementing the ecosystem restoration plan
- D2: Adjust plans, expectations, procedures, and monitoring through adaptive management
U.S. Department of Transportation